Thread: 'The configuration data is corrupt. Padstarr cannot load this profile.'

'The configuration data is corrupt. Padstarr cannot load this profile.'

I'm getting the following message whenever I try loading a game. I haven't been able to load a game as yet. Anyone know what's going on?

'The configuration data is corrupt. Padstarr cannot load this profile.'

Are you trying to download a profile through the software itself? (creating a new game) or are you downloading the file from the forums and trying to import manually?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Are you trying to download a profile through the software itself? (creating a new game) or are you downloading the file from the forums and trying to import manually?

I download it via the software by clicking on the cog symbol - add a game - then game settings - find on steam.

Am I doing it wrong?

Hello g8319,

I'm not sure if this will work but...

- Go to edit the profile you want to use.
    - Then click on "MENU" on the left side of the screen near the top.
    - Select "Game Settings"
    - Now, right underneath the words "choose game settings and set the location of the game (optional)", make sure that box completely blank
    - If it isn't, delete everything in it and then press "OK, CONTINUE"... if it's already blank, then this won't be helpful

Once you do this, you will have to start the profile THEN manually start the game normally but the profile should work.

Hope this helps.

If my above post isn't helpful, try fully closing Padstarr and then reopening it.

Seems to me that when you do certain things like import or export a profile, you will get this error message. Closing the program (which required me using the task manager to do it as closing it the other way let it continue to run in the background)​ and re-opening it has worked to resolve things for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TONSofEC View Post
    Hello g8319,

I'm not sure if this will work but...

- Go to edit the profile you want to use.
    - Then click on "MENU" on the left side of the screen near the top.
    - Select "Game Settings"
    - Now, right underneath the words "choose game settings and set the location of the game (optional)", make sure that box completely blank
    - If it isn't, delete everything in it and then press "OK, CONTINUE"... if it's already blank, then this won't be helpful

Once you do this, you will have to start the profile THEN manually start the game normally but the profile should work.

Hope this helps.
    Unfortunately, it didn't work. Thanks anyway.

Did you try my second comment?

After making the adjustments of the first comment:

- Use task manager to "End Task" on Padstarr
    - Open Padstarr again
    - Try to activate profile

Which profile are you attempting to use and on what operating system?

Try this.
    Download a profile from here and...

go to settings (cog wheel) > import from file > point to dowloaded file > import as new game > just type some jibberish in the search box > Just import the file.