Thread: Please connect your device.

Please connect your device.

Has there been any updates to this file? I'm using Xbox 360 controller (wired). I loaded the program, but get error, Please connect your device. My controller has been plugged in and turned on, but I still can't get it to connect, no options on drop down with the controller listed for connection.

As far as your controllers with Padstarr, make sure they are connected to your pc and right click
    the padstarr icon in the task bar and select "game controllers". Then click on "properties" and
    test to make sure your controllers function within windows correctly.
    From the padstarr main window, click on settings > controller setup > run wizard to make sure the
    controllers are setup within padstarr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    As far as your controllers with Padstarr, make sure they are connected to your pc and right click
    the padstarr icon in the task bar and select "game controllers". Then click on "properties" and
    test to make sure your controllers function within windows correctly.
    From the padstarr main window, click on settings > controller setup > run wizard to make sure the
    controllers are setup within padstarr.
    I tried everything with information given. I made sure the program was on the task bar, no properties selection. Right clicked icon on desktop, nothing. Is there anything else that I can do to get my XBox 360 wired controller to work?

Shut down Padstarr. Go to Task Manager by right clicking the taskbar and selecting Task Manager. Search through the processes tab and make sure Padstarr is not active.
    Now right click the Desktop shortcut of Padstarr and run it as Administrator.

To have it run as Administrator permanently right click the desktop shortcut and click properties>Compatibility Tab> Check box where it says "Run this program as an administrator" and apply then close.

Thanks alot, guys. You customer service is great, but I'm not able to get this application to run properly. Will check back at a later date to see if there are any updates for the software, but for now I'm back to the mouse (Yuk)..

Okay give me some salt and pepper, I have a lot of crow to eat. The program finally worked. I purchased another xbox 360 controller wired, plugged it in. Windows 10 download the drivers. Ran the program and it recognized my controller. I apologize for all the screaming (although I'm sure you couldn't hear me, but again) and attitude. Please accept my apologies and thank you for your excellent customer support and patience.

hey lwbey, your cool with me buddy. And remember...your always welcome back here at the forums if you ever need help.