Thread: Activating/Registering Pinnacle Game Profiler Offline

Activating/Registering Pinnacle Game Profiler Offline

So, many years ago I bought Pinnacle Game Profiler. I've long since known that it's been unsupported and replaced with PadStarr- apparently. But know I've heard that the developer has passed away and I'm concerned about my ability to use this product in the future if I should ever need to install it again as it depends on an online activation which I assume will eventually stop working.

So, if I'm going to continue to use this software in the future I need to know how to register/activate it offline. Perhaps there's a file I can backup or a special code I can enter? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there, That's a good point, and a genuine concern. But since I have no idea or control over the future of this software, I do not have an answer for you. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Hi there, That's a good point, and a genuine concern. But since I have no idea or control over the future of this software, I do not have an answer for you. Sorry
    But you have the ability to activate PadStarr- which it appears is still being sold. . .

I DO NOT have the ability to activate Padstarr or PGP. I have been simply sending out activation keys to everyone because they are not receiving them automatically after purchase.
    If the online system that registers and unlocks the software ever goes down.. Even I will not be able to register PGP/Padstarr on a new PC.
    I'm just a volunteer, this is not my job, and I don't get paid.

Just trying to help everyone however I can until this project is either... hopefully taken over by someone or some company. Or until the websites and forums all go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I DO NOT have the ability to activate Padstarr or PGP. I have been simply sending out activation keys to everyone because they are not receiving them automatically after purchase.
    If the online system that registers and unlocks the software ever goes down.. Even I will not be able to register PGP/Padstarr on a new PC.
    I'm just a volunteer, this is not my job, and I don't get paid.

Just trying to help everyone however I can until this project is either... hopefully taken over by someone or some company. Or until the websites and forums all go dark.
    Given that they probably will go down at some point would you happen to known what file registry setting tells the program that it's been activated- that I might back it up?

Hello Ryan, it's nice to see you on this side of the vineyard (Padstarr Forum). It's been a long time for us boys who are now full grown men and still playing games.
    Hello Gary my dear friend, thanks for keeping things going and being so patient in the forums with everyone.

Alright, since this question has been asked, I think for the first time in the forum...I decided to see if there was a way to keep both Padstarr & PGP activated even if the website goes down and both software is no longer available and most importantly to activate Online.

I found the activation folder where both software are located. Now it's not in the registry as we all thought.

BTW PGP can be activated Offline since Rob's last update i.e. version 8.2.8 shortly before his demise.

OK that said, the both folders for Padstarr and PGP are located in the "ProgramData Folder" in windows 7, 8, 8.1, & 10.

Backup Padstarr folder.
    Backup PowerUp Software Folder.

Now whenever you do a fresh install of both software, after installing, start and run the software, then shut down the software from the system tray next to the clock.

Now you place those backup folder/s in the "ProgramData Folder" (Make sure and delete the existing folders) and you're set. Any of the software will now run fully activated with your registration key.

If you have saved profiles and settings for PGP or Padstarr, you can easily back them up by going to your
    C:\Users\""\AppData\Roaming and look for PowerupSoftware or Padstarr folder and zip or rar them for future use.
    Restoring is the same as for activation.

NOTE: The downside of all this, is when the website eventually goes down and if new users purchase Padstarr and the Online Activation system also goes dark then it's impossible for anyone to help. Just make sure and Backup as I instructed above and hope that someone or company takes up the mantle.

Yes, it's nice to see you again as well. How is Pinnacle activated offline- or were you referring to the backup procedure? In any case I'm extremely grateful for your instructions, I was not looking forward to having to find a replacement for Pinnacle.

To activate PGP is to enter the activation key that was sent to you. Right click the P in the system tray next to the clock and select About ???, the next window will open where you will see "Enter Key".

Enter your activation exactly as it was sent to you in your email, and PGP will activate itself without Online activation. I tried it myself and it worked. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    To activate PGP is to enter the activation key that was sent to you. Right click the P in the system tray next to the clock and select About ???, the next window will open where you will see "Enter Key".

Enter your activation exactly as it was sent to you in your email, and PGP will activate itself without Online activation. I tried it myself and it worked. Hope that helps
    There's no About for me- but you can get to that same screen with F4 once Pinnacle is up. I always assumed the registration information was validated online- are you saying it's not? In other words I can just enter the information normally and servers working or not the software will register?

Edit
    In a rather ironic turn my copy of Pinnacle Game Profiler decided to become unregistered for some reason. So, I decided to put Errol's advice to the test! You do not in fact need to be online to register it. I just always assumed you did. This is great news for the community- at least until Windows evolves to the point the program can no longer function. . .
    Last edited by RyanFialcowitz; 05-09-2019 at 01:31 AM.

It's good to see you Errol, I hope all is well.

Thanks for this useful info!
    Just wanted to add that those interested in this should also consider copy/pasting or screenshotting this info in case the forums do go down.