Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Message that says profile configuration corrupt

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kisazeky View Post
    I just wanted to say that this workaround does fix the issue, at least for me. I've attached an image illustrating an example of what it should look like.
    I tried this for TR3 and got it to work. Thanks so much. Now on to ROTR.

Hm, I tried this with Soul Reaver 2 and it is not working. What is even more weird is that, SR2 has been crashing a lot and I've managed to get other games working.

However, with SR2 I still get this "data corrupt: can't load profile" error. I'll post again if I find anything else. I'm about to uninstall and re-install to see if that helps.

I just managed to fix my issues in a different way than everyone else, twice.

Go to game settings in the profile that claims to be corrupted and delete the entire path name to the EXE. This will essentially disable automatic game detection, but that isn't needed for this to work properly. You can still manually start/stop your desired profiles. I usually find manual control to be far more reliable anyways, espically when troubleshooting tricky games.

I've attached a pic below for clarity. Once you delete the full path to the game EXE then the list of "game detection locations" will go blank as well.

Just click "OK CONTINUE" and your profile will load manually without issues.

I know this isn't an ideal fix, but I'm working on that. I personally like the layout and functionality of Padstarr more than JoyToKey (though I must say JoyToKey is a bit more reliable, though less user friendly). And I like the automatic game detection.

If I find a fix for the game detection then I'll post again. Hope this helps someone.

Attached Images Attached Images

I was having this problem last night with F.E.A.R 2 from the GOG Galaxy launcher. I never had a problem before, but my other games didn't have a launcher. I just found that selecting the launcher shortcut to the game (For example - Launch fear 2 gog galaxy- or however the shortcut was actually named) from the launcher folder seemed to work just fine for me.

If you don't have any launcher like GOG or Steam, than I do apologize for the time wasted in reading my comment.

I solved this issue, in this manner: I deleted the profile that was giving error, and go to global setings in the Cog Icon, and turned off/on, some settings, and clicked back to return to the main page of paddstar.
    Then i downloaded the profile again, and it run without issues.
    I believe that is the configuration file of the program that gives this error, not the profile.
    If you mess with the global settings, it overrides the configuration file, and it should be ok.

I'll tell you all the fix, but first ease up on the self entitlement. You paid less than 2 cups of coffee for a really amazing program. The developer passed away last year, so no one is getting a response.

Edit your profile > Menu > Game Settings -- then clear out the entire field of "choose game settings and set...."

You will have to manually go back and add your game detection folder. But it will still successfully launch the profile automatically when you launch the game via it's own shortcut. You just wont be able to launch a game from padstarr.

I've been using pinnacle / padstarr for a long time and it really is the best - feel free to DM me for guidance.