Thread: Updated Pinnacle today; never loads, but Task Manager shows process

Updated Pinnacle today; never loads, but Task Manager shows process

I updated Pinnacle today after not updating for what I think was probably a few months. Now when I try to run Pinnacle, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Task Manager shows that the process is running, but does not list an application. Pinnacle also does not appear in the system tray and it does not have any sort of window. The worst part is that there seems to be no way to close the process; even Task Manager's "End Process" has no effect, and when I try to shutdown Windows, I end up having to actually just turn my PC off because Windows can't seem to log off.

I tried to use a previous automatic backup of the Pinnacle.exe, but this just seemed to cause more issues. I also tried the exe in the backup folder to no avail.

I'm fine with just reinstalling or trying whatever it takes, but my profiles aren't backed up and I'm really hoping to salvage them.

Here's my pinnacle.log:
    1/10/2014 10:28:05 PM: PGP-1001760811214-7.1.0
    1/10/2014 10:28:05 PM: Windows7 x64
    1/10/2014 10:28:05 PM: user-rights:Standard
    1/10/2014 10:28:05 PM: -------------------------
    1/10/2014 10:28:05 PM: MARKUP-0

Thanks for any help you can provide!

From what I see in the log file posted, you're using version 7.1.0
    My suggestion is to update to the latest manual update version which is 7.3.3 and follow the included instructions provided.

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/file...nualupdate.zip

I downloaded and extracted the zip you linked, and copied over all of the non-txt files (pinnacle.exe & ksMediaSrc.dll). I then tried to run Pinnacle like the readme instructed. However, when I try to start Pinnacle, I get the following message:

"WARNING: dx8vb.dll not found! Please reinstall Pinnacle Game Profiler."

You can uninstall Pinnacle and re-install with this new full setup file 7.3.4 at the following link;

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/pinnacle-setup.exe

This solved it; thank you!