Thread: All profiles corrupt!!

All profiles corrupt!!

HOW CAN YOU SELL SOFTWARE LIKE THIS? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! PINNACLE WON"T EVEN RUN NOW!!
    All my existing custom made profiles are now corrupt and Pinnacle says that even new profiles are corrupt as well.

This forum is full of complaints like this and you guys haven't even fixed this problem with Pinnacle yet?
    This is so unprofessional I will now be recommending Xpadder.

Hello ReginalDuke please lets first find the cause of the problem then we can help you to fix this issue you're having with Pinnacle.

What version of windows are you using?...
    What version of Pinnacle are you using?...
    I'd recommend to you not to uninstalll or remove Pinnacle...Their is a great possibility to recover all your profiles intact.

This is not an unprofessional situation as you would think but is just a minor issue which is diligently being sorted out by Rob.
    Writing the codes for Pinnacle is a very complicated thing, especially with all the additional features being added to make things exciting for all of us.

Just give us as much details as possible and we're here to assist.

Hi, I am so very sorry for the trouble you have had... but I'm quite sure that your profiles are still ok. I think that the problem is a bug in the recent version which could cause some profiles to fail to load... they are not actually corrupt as the message indicates (it's just assuming it's corrupt because it failed to load, so that is the message).

Anyway, I think if you just update to the new v7.1.8 on PinnacleUpdate, then I believe the loading problem will be resolved and you should no longer see that message. If you do still see that message or think there is any data lost on your profiles, then you can send me the files and most likely I could fix any issues... but I don't even think that will be necessary after you update to v7.1.8

Took me 5 hours to troubleshoot and solve by individually exporting each profile, following the forum instruction for uninstall/re-install, and then individually importing all profiles.

Uninstall/Re-install Instructions
    http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/foru...-Your-Computer

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle [Rob] View Post
    Hi, I am so very sorry for the trouble you have had... but I'm quite sure that your profiles are still ok. I think that the problem is a bug in the recent version which could cause some profiles to fail to load... they are not actually corrupt as the message indicates (it's just assuming it's corrupt because it failed to load, so that is the message).

Anyway, I think if you just update to the new v7.1.8 on PinnacleUpdate, then I believe the loading problem will be resolved and you should no longer see that message. If you do still see that message or think there is any data lost on your profiles, then you can send me the files and most likely I could fix any issues... but I don't even think that will be necessary after you update to v7.1.8
    hello I have the same problem as the original poster (all my profiles fail to load (I think it's specifically for steam games).
    however pinnacle update refuse to update (always says that my software is up to date already)
    how to get the latest version and keep my profiles ?

Pinnacle 7.1.0
    windows 7 x64

edit: additional question, can I just uninstall PGP & reinstall it while keeping my profiles or will the uninstaller delete all my profiles right away without asking ?
    Last edited by whismerhill; 01-12-2014 at 03:55 AM.

I think I fixed my issue
    I downloaded the newest PGP from the download front page (no version number out there so it was a guess as to whether it was really new)
    I launched it and selected : update
    restarted and it failed PGP was still 7.1.0
    so I relaunched the install and selected : repair
    this time it worked (another OS restart later)
    PGP v7.3.4

and my profiles were kept

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle [Rob] View Post

I had the same problem. This solution fixed it. Thank you.