Thread: Export Failed (Trial Period)

Exclamation Export Failed (Trial Period)

I am unable to export a profile I created. When I click the Export button on the Profile Export dialog, I get an error message with "Export Failed" as the title and "Failed to export profile.pin" as the message. I am using the trial version currently as I wish to evaluate the usefulness of this software for my needs. Is this a limitation of the (supposedly full-featured) trial version, or is this the functionality I should expect with a fully-licensed version? I am running Win 7 Pro x64, and have ensured "run as Administrator" is checked (as I've seen suggested elsewhere in this forum).

I am generally happy with the performance of this software otherwise. Unfortunately, if this feature is not functional (at least in the paid version), I will have to find another solution.

Any advice?

You can export your profile whether its trial is over or not.

Your problem seems to be a recent update to version 7.1.6 or 7.1.7 if thats the case then its possible you''ll have that problem.

To know what version of Pinnacle you're running, open it on your desktop and press the F4 (Function key) on your keyboard and it will open a window to see what version you're using. Just make sure that Pinnacle is the active window for the F4 key to work.

I have version 7.1.7. Your response seems to indicate that this is a known issue for the past couple versions. Is there a place where this is documented so I can track progress on a resolution? Has a timeline been established for an expected fix?

Perhaps you can provide a work-around. I'm trying to apply a configuration to two separate executables. I can only seem to have one executable assigned to any particular profile. That's fine. The problem I have is that when I create another profile for the second executable, the configuration applied in the first profile is not available in the second profile. I attempted to export the configuration (so I could immediately import and apply it to the second profile) to accomplish this. Is there another way of doing this without using the export/import feature? I don't seem to be able to copy the configuration or drag+drop in any way. The configurations seem like they are locked to the profile.

I'd hate to have to re-create this configuration just to apply it to another game. It's frustrating that not only can the button mappings not be transferred between profiles, but the commands that are set up in the configurations also seem to be specific to that configuration and not available outside as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adamstorm View Post
    I have version 7.1.7. Your response seems to indicate that this is a known issue for the past couple versions...
    I'm not saying this is a known issue. All I'm saying...it could be because of the recent update because I also am having the same problem. It may not be so for the general users.

Here's a direct link to my previous version 7.1.1 It so happened I backed up mine and has reverted back to it since I myself cannot export my profiles.

http://is.gd/C1cTfm

Follow these instructions before using the manual update;
    Open Pinnacle on your desktop and go to Preferences > Misc/Other and uncheck "Automatically check Pinnacle update every two weeks" If you don't do that then Pinnacle will force an update and will not give you the chance to cancel if you're not quick enough to realize its updating. Now shut down Pinnacle completely and go to the directory in program files and replace the two files in the Pinnacle folder with the older ones. Now start Pinnacle and it will come up with a prompt saying something like this "You're using an older version....do you want to continue?" Just click OK or Yes I can't remember at the moment. Pinnacle will now start with the older version and you'll now be able to export or manipulate your profiles.

Just stay in touch to see when a proper update is released and you can once more go back to preferences and enable the update.

Just purchased Pinnacle Game Profiler and it is happening for me, too. Hopefully there will be a fix soon. Thanks for the workaround.

The previous version worked! Thanks for your help! I hope this is fixed soon as well.

Cheers!

Hi, this was a problem in v7.1.7, but v7.1.8 has been released a few days ago... so if you are still having the export problem, then please run PinnacleUpdate to download the latest updates and that should resolve the problem.