PDA

View Full Version : Problem with gunz: the duel and pinnacle

Tpma4life
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Well anyways, I don't know why but everytime I press the left analog forward to run, it also moves the camera. The left analog on my 360 controller is mapped to the wasd keys, so I dont see why it should be doing that. I can look left to right with the right analog stick (which is the one that is mapped to mouse, and therefore supposed to let me look in directions), but it doesn't make it all spazzy like the left analog stick.

Anybody have this problem before, anybody know what to do to fix it?

Rob
08-07-2007, 09:46 PM
So I guess you must have got past the hacking message, right? Ok, are you SURE that the game does not have limited support for joysticks built-in to the game? Try shutting down Pinnacle, then start the game normally and make 100% sure that the gamepad does not respond in any way... if so then that is probably causing the problem by having both responding to the gamepad.

If that's NOT the case and the gamepad remains dead when you aren't running Pinnacle... then go to GAME PROFILES > EXPORT and export the profile so I can take a look.

Tpma4life
08-07-2007, 10:06 PM
In does have VERY limited support. It won't let you use the analog sticks to program, but I tried programming various buttons in the game and the dpad seems to work. So does the x, y, b, and a buttons. Also the back button.

But the two triggers don't seem to work. The ones on the back of the controller. The left and right bumpers on the TOP of the control are read though. So I belive the analog stick/the left and right triggers on the back of the control aren't read, which does indeed take out alot of manuverability and the such. Any such way to disable it in game, and allow pinnacle to be the source of where my controls come from?

If it helps it seems the left and right triggers are premapped to actually making the camera move left or right, whereas the left analog stick is premapped to the mouse. Which just makes it almost impossible to move with the Dpad AND use the left analog stick positioned right above it to manuever...

Tpma4life
08-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Alright, nevermind. I've figured out all the problems I've had before anyones come up with a response, maybe I should experiment next time. For future notice to any players of gunz...

Under the keyboard section in the options menu is a "controller" tab. Simply set the sensitivity all the way to the left, and it will no longer read the gamepad in game.

Then you can run pinnacle, and voila. No conflict.

Tpma4life
08-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Ok, but one last thing I've been trying to do, but I'm not very familiar with pinnacle...is set it so the left analog stick is slightly more sensitive. Because you know, you need to press W twice on the keyboard to dash forward, s twice to dash back, d right, a left.

But the analog stick is not sensitive enough to dash unless you jerk it like theres no tomorrow, as fast as possible with not as smooth control in what direction you'd like to go.