PDA

View Full Version : One Axis for the two triggers for my 360 controller

odd1
07-17-2007, 10:11 AM
i wanted to know if this is happening to someone else and if someone would be kind enough to help me with this thing..for a bizarre reason my computer only recognizes the triggers as one Z axis: the left for minus and the right for plus (sort of like a joystick)..i've read other posts and threads for the solution for other problems with the triggers and the 360 controller but nothing works..even my windows only recognizes 1 axis for both triggers in the game controllers menu in my control panel....the weirdest thing is that i am using the driver that came with the wireless receiver..i've also tried reinstalling the driver and nothing...does someone have an idea of what is happening????

thanx in advance guys

Rob
07-17-2007, 08:19 PM
That's exactly how it's supposed to work. LOL, I haven't had to explain this one in a while actually... but anyway, yea Microsoft said for the new XINPUT control interface (used by Xbox360 controllers) they decided to "split the triggers" over a single axis when being read by DirectInput. So any game that does not support XINPUT is going to have them on a shared axis. Pinnacle DOES support XINPUT though, so all you do is assign the keyboard equivelents to the triggers in Pinnacle and send those to the game. So for instance, if SPACEBAR does a "Jump" in the game, then assign SPACEBAR to a trigger in Pinnacle and then it should jump when you press the trigger. Since Pinnacle can read the triggers seperately, you can assign 2 different keys (one for each trigger).

odd1
07-17-2007, 08:33 PM
well..that's the thing..pinnacle recognizes only one trigger, the left 1..even if i run the wizard, when i'm prompted to press the axis, i can press both and it reads them but only the left appears...pretty much like in the picture, regardless of the game and config i have..any ideas?
thanx

Rob
07-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok, in that case please try updating to Pinnacle v4.0 BETA at the link below and then that should fix the problem. You may need to go back and run the wizard again if it is not fixed right away.

http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1142

odd1
07-17-2007, 09:12 PM
had a little trouble with the beta but now it's running and the right trigger appears (as Axis 2 but i don't care!!)...thanx a million man

Rob
07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
You should run PinnacleUpdate to download the correct ImageGuide ;)

Gary
07-18-2007, 01:13 AM
I hate having 2 triggers on a single axis, I wish MS had a drivers that seperated then like pinnacle does. It causes problems on my emulators, but it's nothing that pinnacle can't fix :)

odd1
07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
hmmm..i ran the pinnacleupdate and still the the right trigger appears as axis 2..but sincerely, i don't care..it works just fine as it is and i have no problem setting up profiles and configs..thanx a lot man!

ps. i have to say that this is by far the best help/tech support service that i've ever used..by far..cheers!!

Gary
07-18-2007, 05:17 PM
If you can't get pinnacle update to fix it, then just right-click on the label "axis 2" and you can rename the label "Right Trigger" or whatever you want to name it. You can do this with all the button names :)[/img]

Rob
07-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Yea, you can right-click to rename it... but also the real ImageGuide is setup a little different too. If it's not downloading the update now, then you could always right-click on the Xbox360 controller image... select 'remove ImageGuide'... then go do PinnacleUpdate again and I'm sure it will get you the right one then. The one you have now is sort of messed up looking, but it should still work fine either way.

Gary
07-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Yea, The updated image guide should look like this