PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront 2 -ps2 through USB controller

lordkazama
06-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Dear Admin/other guys who know what to do,

I made a topic about this a while back, gosh i think it was almost a year ago. The original page wont load for me so i had to make this one, I will delete this one if need be after I get a reply

Ok, I'm here asking if there has been an update, or anything posted on my last topic, in regards to Star Wars Battlefront 2 and the Pinnacle game profiler. I was hoping someone had posted a profile premade for everyone.

I am in a bit of a bind, as I only need 2 hot keys for the game. I was hoping it was possible for Pinnacle to somehow allow me to allow me to use my keyboard to tap the hotkey.

(I'd like to have these hot keys configured through PGP. If not, can someone refer me to a software that would let me do this.)

The hot key I need made is an instant 90 degree turn to the left, and at the same time a Fire/or Saber attack. I'm not sure if PGP can allow me to set up a hotkey that has 2 keys set to it.

The second would be an instant 180 degree turn.

If that is possible to make, please tell me how to make it.

thanks a bunch

Rob
06-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Hmm... not sure, but I think maybe some of the profiles here may work...
http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=915
http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1818
http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1801

But as for the hot-key question... YES, Pinnacle v4.0 has a new feature for "keyboard hot-keys" so you should be able to do exactly what you are looking for. First you need to update to the latest build of Pinnacle v4.0 if you have not already...
http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1142

Then go to GAME PROFILES > EDIT CONFIGURATIONS, and you'll see there is a toolbar in the lower-right corner. Click the keyboard icon and you'll see that you can assign any Pinnacle command to any key on your keyboard.

So first you want to have a quick 180 turn, so that would look something like this...

Quick 180 Turn command
Pressed Event
mouse goto COORDINATES | +300,0
Released Event
- empty -

Now what that command would do is move your mouse (turn character) 300 pixels to the right... but I'm not sure where +300 will land you. It all depends on the game and your sensitivity settings in the game. So you may find that you need +500 or +200 or something. You'll need to try to tweak it. Probably the easiest way to find the correct value you'll need is to setup a few commands like the one above... each with different values like +200,0 | +300,0 | +400,0 | etc... then assign them to different hot-keys (or buttons on your controller). Then you can start the game and try each one to see how close to a full 180 you get... once you find which one works the best, you can delete the others and tweak your settings to get it just right for a perfect 180. (of course if there were a "quick 180" command already in the game, you could just press that corresponding keyboard key... but it sounds like this does not already exist).

So you'll need to do that same thing to find the correct value for a 90 degree turn too. But for the sake of example, we'll say +150,0 is a 90 degree turn... actually you want to 90 turn to the left, so you'll need -150,0 instead... so then your other command would look like this...

Quick 90 Turn + Attack command
Pressed Event
mouse goto COORDINATES | -150,0
mouse button press LEFT
Released Event
- empty -

That command there assumes that your ATTACK is done by pressing the left mouse button, but if not then you can just change that up too... hopefully this at least gives you an idea of how to setup these commands.

Then you would just assign these to the hot-keys as described above. :)

lordkazama
06-24-2007, 02:20 PM
You said i have to set it to 300+

Im not at all sure how to do that.

I am in the PINNACLE - Edit Keyboard Hot keys window

I named the command Quick 180 and set the Hot key Trigger to Mouse button Right

After that I have no clue what to do lol :(

Rob
06-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Go to GAME PROFILES > EDIT CONFIGURATIONS > EDIT COMMANDS... then you'll see it lists all your existing commands. If you've only used "Quick Assignments" before, this may look new to you... and way, click NEW and then give the command a name. Now click EDIT STEPS and you'll see the screen where you insert the steps Pinnacle should perform when the command is "pressed" and when it's "released". Use the dropdown box and scroll down toward the bottom of the list (past all the keyboard keys) and you'll see there are several "specialty" steps including the "mouse goto COORDINATES" which is used to move the mouse directly to a place on the screen. In this case I suggested +300,0... that means put +300 in the X box and 0 in the Y box. The X is the left/right (negative is left, positive is right) and the Y is the up/down (negative is up, positive is down). So when you say +300,0, you are saying move 300 pixels to the right and 0 pixels up/down. Get it? You can also enter ABSOLUTE values (that means no + or - in front), but that's not really useful in this situation.

Hopefully that clears things up. Also if you may want to have a look at the HOW-TO section of PinnacleHelp (just press F1 on your keyboard for Help). There are some step-by-step instructions in there for creating basic commands and such, so if you've only done the "Quick Assignments" before, then this will explain the "better" way to setup commands (better since you can do a lot more stuff).

lordkazama
06-24-2007, 04:44 PM
great thanks. That mouse go to coordinates wasnt there for some reason. I rebooted my pc and it appeared >.>

THANKS!!!!!

Rob
06-24-2007, 05:13 PM
LOL, well I don't know where it would've gone, but glad to hear you got it now. :)

lordkazama
06-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Ok so I've followed those steps to the letter. Inside the program I click TEST and it works great, the mouse auto moves to the left just like i need it to.

I exit and save from there and run the game through PGP. When I am inside the game, the new hot key command does not work. For example I set the hot key to be P. When I press it, it does nothing. But it works when I click the test button inside the software?

wuts up with that?

Rob
06-26-2007, 02:34 AM
So the buttons on your controller are working in the game right? (or are you just using the built-in gamepad support only?) If you aren't using Pinnacle for the gamepad, just the keyboard... then I would say maybe you just need to make it a persistent profile (since I think this game uses a launcher). Go to GAME PROFILES > EDIT, and you'll see the "launch as persistent profile" checkbox. If that still doesn't work, then I would go back to GAME PROFILES > EDIT CONFIGURATIONS, and then click the keyboard icon again. Now make sure the keyboard hot-key you setup has the "All Configurations" item selected in the dropdown box at the bottom of that window.

lordkazama
06-26-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry to put you through any stress lol, it's just my pc...it's crap. I've tested your software and let me say this... "BEST SOFTWARE FOR GAMING...EVER!"

It works, everything works 100% perfect and I am buying this software for myself later today.

Admins, Thank you so very much.

Rob
06-26-2007, 03:25 PM
:D