PDA

View Full Version : Valve Anti-Cheat system

Keith Weisshar
06-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Can Pinnacle Game Profiler be detected as a cheat by the Valve Anti-Cheat System on Steam and result in a permanent ban from all VAC secured servers if I connect to any VAC secured servers while Pinnacle Game Profiler is running?

Rob
06-19-2007, 01:35 AM
Is this anti-cheat system something new that Valve has recently added? If not then I can say for sure that 1000's of people have used Pinnacle with Half-Life and Counter-Strike and I've never heard of anyone being banned. And besides, I would also say nobody would ever be permanently banned because even if they were running some sort of program that detected Pinnacle's messages as a cheat program, I'm sure that you could explain and show them Pinnacle and they would un-ban you and tell you to just not use it again. LOL... that's just hypothetical anyway, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, especially if they've had that anti-cheat thing for more than a week.

Keith Weisshar
06-19-2007, 02:27 AM
The Valve Anti-Cheat system has been there for a long time, it is not new.

Rob
06-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Ok, then I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. :)

lordkazama
06-28-2007, 11:33 PM
It's not really a cheat software. An AIMBOT is a cheat. This will never be classified as a cheat software...and if it is...well then you should not play that game!