PDA

View Full Version : quick save on far cry

bigdaddyx3
05-22-2007, 10:24 AM
I know how to bring up the console menu and do a quick save for this game. Is there any way to bind this to a key and then set up on the 360 contoller?

Rob
05-22-2007, 05:09 PM
If you can do it with a keyboard, then you should be able to do it with Pinnacle+gamepad. :) So how is it done in FarCry? Many games have 'quick save' on F5 key so in that case you would just assign F5 to any key on your gamepad... but you mentioned the console, so you have to open the console window first? (maybe with the ~ key?) Doesn't sound like a very quick 'quick save' if you have to open the console and type something, but anyway if you tell me exactly how it's performed with the keyboard then I can tell you how to set it up in Pinnacle.

bigdaddyx3
05-22-2007, 06:32 PM
bring up the cosole menu with the ~ and then type \save_game. I don't know how to bind this to a key on the keyboard. Once that get's done, I can assign it on the controller.

Rob
05-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Yea, it would probably work best if you could bind that command in the game and then just send the binding key from Pinnacle... but otherwise you should try something like this....

Quick Save command
Pressed Event
key ~ press
keyboard type text: \save_game
key ENTER press
Released Event
- empty -

bigdaddyx3
05-25-2007, 02:17 PM
for some reason the underscore is not read when I type the text \save_game.
When the console come up, it shows \savegame.

Any ideas on how to just bind this command to my keyboard? I rareley bring up the console in any game, so I am not familiar with how to do this.

Rob
05-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure how to do that either, but maybe someone else does? Are you saying when you use the REAL keyboard to type the underscore "_" it is not appearing? Or do you just mean it's not working when you use the Pinnacle command? Are you trying to use the 'keyboard TYPE TEXT" event step?

bigdaddyx3
05-25-2007, 10:33 PM
It's not working when I use the Pinnacle command. And yes, I am trying to use the 'keyboard TYPE TEXT" event step. I did like you suggested.
Pressed Event
key ~ press
keyboard type text: \save_game
key ENTER press
Released Event
- empty -

and the pinnacle command has no underscore.

Rob
05-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Hmm... well I tested this command in Notepad and the underscore was printed without a problem. You'll notice I removed the 'ENTER press' and just used the "\n" break for "new line" which basically combines the ENTER press into the keyboard TYPE TEXT step. But that should have nothing to do with the underscore, yet it should work since it's working in Notepad. Is it by any chance typing "-" instead of "_" (as if it were NOT being shifted like it should on the keyboard). It doesn't type anything at all between "save" and "game"? And you have tested entering the command into the game with the real keyboard and it works, right?

Quick Save command
Pressed Event
key ~ press
keyboard type text: \save_game\n
Released Event
- empty -