PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 controller right analog stick not working

Alexandir
05-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Ok, so far I'm liking this program but I'm having trouble configuring. I go into "game profiles" then "edit configurations" and started configuring all my bottons the way I wanted right. But then after I click on "save and close" It still tells me "No Configurations Found for this Device" Thats one of my problems, I figured I might as well start the game with the default config. Well once I start playing Half-Life 2 the only analog stick that works is the left one and it has all the movements/looking around all in one. If I point my stick vertical, the character walks forward and starts looking toward the sky. What do I do to fix this? Thanks in-advanced

Rob
05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Ok, to fix that problem you should go into Half-Life 2's options menu and uncheck the 'enable joystick' setting and any other joystick related settings. This way it won't interfere with the messages that Pinnacle is sending. So that should mean that the left stick handles movements. Now the right stick is for aiming (moving the mouse), so if that's not working then you may need to fix your axis mappings by going to PREFERENCES > DEVICE SETTINGS > ADVANCED, then click the 'show wizard' link at the top of the window. Follow the on-screen instructions of the wizard and make sure the green dots move in the correct directions.

Also I'm not sure why it sounds like you lost your custom configuration, but you could try updating to Pinnacle v4.0 BETA at the link below and that may help solve the problem, so I recommend you do that.
http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1142

Alexandir
05-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Well its not that I lost my custom config, its that it doesn't seem to read it. And its not just Half life 2 that does that with the analog stick but it does it on a few other games as well, for example fable Lost Chapters.

Rob
05-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Well try the update to Pinnacle v4.0 and run the wizard again and I think that should fix the problem

Alexandir
05-16-2007, 10:09 PM
YES!! it worked!! thank you for helping me once again