PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 Wireless Controller

ScottW
05-10-2007, 12:18 AM
I am trying to set up the XBox 360 Wireless controller for Windows to control Final Fantasy XI. It seems to work ok when the game is first started, but the controller shuts down after an inactivity timeout. Once you turn the controller back on, it's controls are no longer recognized unless I start to launch a second instance of the game. Is there a way to keep it active, even after a power cycle of the controller?

Rob
05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Hello, yes... this problem will be fixed in the next build of Pinnacle v4.0 BETA, which should be ready in the next few days. What is actually happening is when the wireless Xbox360 controller "falls asleep" it is the same to Windows as if you had unplugged a wired controller from the PC... so you see that is why Pinnacle thinks it must stop the profile, but special handling is being added so that the profile can continue automatically after it "wakes back up".

HolyRoses
05-13-2007, 04:58 AM
I am trying to set up the XBox 360 Wireless controller for Windows to control Final Fantasy XI. It seems to work ok when the game is first started, but the controller shuts down after an inactivity timeout. Once you turn the controller back on, it's controls are no longer recognized unless I start to launch a second instance of the game. Is there a way to keep it active, even after a power cycle of the controller?

FFXI has builtin gamepad support. I played it for 3 years with a regular xbox controller with xbcd. Works fabulous if you take the time to setup a nice config.

-HR