PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 controller splinter cell pandora tommorow and gamet

sammcd
05-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Hello, I use gametap to play games and am trying out your program with my xBox 360 controller. The main reason was to play Kotor with it, but Kotor will not work on my vista / ati system, but that is a completely different issue.

I am now trying to play splinter cell with the gamepad, but I am using gametap to launch splinter cell. This means that I had to turn off the automatically launch game part of the splinter cell profile I downloaded. Once I launched splinter cell though the controller doesn't do anything. I am curently running the game minimized and the controller is controlling my mouse fine, but when I load the game back up the controller has no effect. Anyone have any ideas?

Rob
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Well it's been a while since I've used GameTap, but I did try it before with Pinnacle and several games (even large games like Beyond Good and Evil). So unless they have since then added something to prevent programs like Pinnacle from working with it, I think it should be ok. You mentioned that you had to turn off the "utomatically launch game" setting, but I did you enable the "launch as persistent profile" setting? I think all GameTap games require that setting, so if you have not turned that on then that is probably the problem.

sammcd
05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes, the program asked me to turn it on so I did. Here is a little more info on what is going on if it helps.

1) I opened gametap. My controller controlled gametap (not the mouse I beleive).

2) I loaded splinter cell it opened an intermediate loading screen were the controller controlled the mouse.

3) Clicked single player and it opened up a new splinter cell thing (???). Were my controller did not control it.

sammcd
05-01-2007, 08:00 PM
I think it is working now. I changed it to were pinnacle does launch gametap, and it seems to be working great. Thank you very much.

Rob
05-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Great! Well I think it should be ok even if GameTap were already open because I'm sure that it probably does a check to make sure 2 GameTaps are not open at the same time (something all large programs should do). So even if Pinnacle tried to start GameTap again when it was already running, it would still probably just push GameTap to the front instead of opening it again. Plus Pinnacle even does that sort of thing on it's own when it can, so anyway I think it should be fine now. :)